and Conditions MWINESTORE.CO.UK
MW RESTAURANTS LIMITED
Terms and Conditions of Business and Use
Updated 29th April 2020
If you want to buy wine from us or use our web site you can only do so on these terms and conditions, and by registering on the web site you are agreeing to be bound by them. Although they are written in small print, we hope you will agree that they are designed to be fair to you and to us. We may change these from time to time by updating this posting.
Faulty Wines – If you buy any of our wines and you find the bottle to be faulty. We will credit your account for the amount paid for that bottle, as soon as we have collected the wine from you, provided of course that you have only drunk less than half a glass from the faulty bottle and sealed it ready for return. If you have bought a mixed case of wine to which a case discount has been applied we will credit your account with a proportion of the price you paid determined by the proportion of the case contents the wine you don’t like represents.
Delivery – Standard Express Delivery is £15.00 per delivery address regardless of how many cases you order. We will deliver your wine to anywhere in mainland United Kingdom. Other areas are potentially available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you order 2 or more cases, they may not be delivered at the same time, but the delivery charge will stay the same. If your order exceeds £100.00 then we will deliver free of charge.
We normally deliver Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 5.30pm according to your delivery instructions. If you are not there the driver will leave a card for you to arrange a more convenient delivery time.
All products listed on the website are subject to availability, and, if they are subsequently found to be unavailable once an order has been placed, you will be informed via email or telephone as soon as your order is processed by one of our office team. We will always endeavour to offer an alternative.
All orders will be dispatched within 2 working days, unless notified of a delay directly by us. Once you receive an ORDER COMLPETE email from us, it means the courier has been booked and your order should be with you in the next 2 working days. If your order is still not with you 4 working days after you received ORDER COMPLETE, please contact us and we will investigate the matter immediately. Where possible, we will immediately resend your package, so you are not missing out.
Our couriers deliver on weekdays between 8am-5pm. They will provide you with the tracking directly on the details you provided us.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU GIVE US YOUR BEST CONTACT TELEPHONE/MOBILE NUMBER SO THAT WE CAN CALL YOU TO ARRANGE A SUITABLE DELIVERY TIME. ALL DELIVERIES REQUIRE A SIGNATURE ON RECEIPT.
Please note, this is not a guaranteed service and all delivery times are estimates only. We are unable to guarantee any delivery dates or times as delays may occur that are outside our control. We will of course endeavour to keep you informed at all times via email or by telephone.
IF WE ATTEMPT DELIVERY AT AN AGREED TIME AND DELIVERY IS NOT POSSIBLE WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHARGE £5 FOR RE-DELIVERY UNLESS YOU HAVE GIVEN US PRE-AUTHORISATION TO LEAVE THE GOODS IN A SAFE PLACE. IF THIS IS AGREED IT WILL BE AT YOUR RISK.
For European and worldwide dispatches, we charge separately for postage, as specified elsewhere on this Website.
Stolen Wine and Breakages
Stolen Wine – If you give instructions for us to leave your wine outside your house or in a safe place and the wine gets stolen, sadly we cannot be held liable for this loss.
Breakages – In the event that any of the bottles in your case are damaged, please let us know within 7 days and we will credit your account with the price you paid for the damaged bottles or a proportion of the total case price representing the proportion of the case contents which has been damaged in the event of a case of mixed wines sold with a case discount.
If you have any queries regarding delivery, please contact us at email@example.com
Right To Terminate – Our Breakages and Faulty Wine policies are for the good of all of our customers. If we feel that they have been abused, we reserve the right to close your account, by inactivating it once we have met our obligations under this promise. If we do inactivate your account, and you choose to make another purchase, whether through that account or any other, then our obligation to you for any claim will be limited to your statutory rights
Prices and payment
- All prices are quoted in pounds sterling, and may be per bottle or per case, as marked. The prices include Value Added Tax, unless otherwise specified. Any delivery charges are additional.
- We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, Amex, & PayPal.
- Where a wine is part of a pre-mix case with a general discount applied, the discounted price for the case is relative to the non-discounted prices for the constituent wines.
- We reserve the right to terminate any special offer at any time, without notice.
- If an error has been found on one of our prices, we reserve the right not to complete your order. We will issue an immediate refund for the price you paid.
- We won’t sell wine to anyone who isn’t 18 years old or over. By placing an order, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you are buying a case of wine as a gift – the recipient must also be over 18 years old.
- If our couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request some form of ID. If the person receiving the wine is unable to produce appropriate ID, unfortunately our couriers will be unable to leave the wine.
- Once the wine has been delivered, according to your original delivery instructions, it becomes the recipient’s responsibility.
- If you have a voucher to redeem against the purchase of wine, the following terms and conditions apply, and you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
- You must be over 18 to buy alcohol.
- Vouchers are non-transferable, may not be sold at auction and have no cash alternative.
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount
- You may cancel your order for any reason whatsoever at any time up to 5 working days from the day after the date you receive your wine, provided all of the bottles are unopened and intact. Please note, that we cannot guarantee a refund when a bottle has been engraved as it loses resale value. Opting for engraving will void your right to a refund.
- In order to cancel your order you notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We shall reimburse the price of the wine within 30 days from the date you notify us of the cancellation. It is your responsibility to hold onto the wine and take reasonable care of it until we come to collect it.
- If some or all of the bottles of wine in a case are broken or spoiled when they are delivered you should notify us as soon as possible. You may choose either to return the whole case or just the affected bottles for a refund.
- You must notify us of all wines which are due to be returned for any of the reasons stated in this clause within 7 days from delivery of the wine, otherwise you cannot rely on the Clause above by email on email@example.com
- All refunds and reimbursements will be paid within 30 days of you notifying us of your wish to return wine under that clause, provided the wine has been collected by our carrier.
- Any wines collected by our carrier must be in their original box to avoid further breakages, where possible.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. Further information about your rights is available from your Local Authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
- If you do not tell us, before we ship your wines, that you don’t wish to receive your case and then ask to return it, a charge of £30.00 will be payable.
Intellectual Property Rights
- You agree and acknowledge that we own or are licensed to use all copyright, database rights, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in and to all parts of this web site, and to the business of MWINESTORE.CO.UK the structure, design and layout of the website.
- You are entitled to use our web site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions only. You must obtain our prior written consent before you use our web site or any part of it in any other manner.
- All persons, individual and
corporate, are prohibited from providing text or other links to the
mwinestore.co.uk web site, from their own web site or from a third party’s web
site, without our prior written consent.
Limitation of liability
- We will not be liable for any loss or
damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
i. loss or damage was not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
ii. loss or damage was not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier;
iii. loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers.
- We will not be liable for loss or damage caused by the customer handling the wine. In particular we will not be liable for spillages or breakages.
- Customers should also be aware of the
following inherent risks and warnings:
i. Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
ii. A case of wine is heavy so extra care should be taken when lifting it. If you are concerned about the weight we advise that you transfer the bottles 1 or 2 at a time.
iii. Red wine in particular may cause staining if spilt so extra care should be taken.
iv. Sparkling wines and champagnes can be volatile due to the build up of gasses extra care should be taken when opening these.
- We shall not be liable for any delay in delivering your wine if that delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our control such as, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, fire, flood, storm or Act of God, failure of ISP or telecommunications provider in connection with the performance of this Agreement.
- M Wine Store may change or add to these terms and conditions for security, legal or regulatory reasons. We will not use this right to vary the terms of any special offer that applies to you.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order for whatever reason or you have cancelled it in accordance with section 6 above. Title will pass on delivery of the products, provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
- Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to these terms and conditions and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction.
We accept payment from corporate customers by Visa, Mastercard, Amex, PayPal. In exceptional cases we may be able to provide bank-transfer payment. We will not dispatch any of the items until full payment has been received. If you wish to arrange a bank transfer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free delivery promotions
- Restrictions and Terms and Conditions:
“Spend £100 and get Free Delivery”:
1. Free Delivery when spending over £100 is based on our Standard Delivery option.
2. If you select a different delivery option you will receive the cost of our Standard delivery (£15.00) deducted from your order and the difference will be charged.
3. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other Free Delivery offer.
We are totally committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors and customers and to promoting the responsible consumption of alcohol. We are all customers of other Internet sites and fully appreciate and respect the importance of privacy on the Internet. We will not disclose information about our customers to third parties except where it is part of providing a service to you – e.g. arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out credit and other security checks and for the purposes of customer research and profiling or where we have your express permission to do so.
We will not sell, or make available, your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party (excluding partners from whom you may have linked to our site) without your permission.
Communication & Marketing
If you have made a purchase, or registered on our site, we may update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, post & telephone. You have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties.
Updating Your Preferences
Protecting your security
We may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. This is done only to confirm your identity – a credit check is not performed and your credit rating is unaffected.
Transfers of your Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosures of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group of companies. We may only also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that M sells or buys any business or assets;
- if M or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of M, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third party sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our restaurants, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We are committed to being a responsible supplier of alcohol and encourages a responsible attitude to drinking. We may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate age verification checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to an age verification agency, which may keep a record of that information. This is done only to confirm your age.
Checking your Details
If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to us you may do so by contacting us via the e-mail address or address given below. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your e-mail and password. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser’s password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information.
MW Restaurants Limited (at the address below) is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act). You have the right to access the information which we hold about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can contact customer services via
email at email@example.com, write to us at:
MW Restaurants Limited
2 & 3 Threadneedle Walk
60 Threadneedle St
Mwinestore.co.uk is maintained for your personal use.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this site by any third party.
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time.
LINKING TO AND FROM MWINESTORE.CO.UK
We welcome and encourage other websites to link to the information that is hosted on these pages, and you don’t have to ask permission to link to mwinestore.co.uk
However, we don’t give you permission to suggest that your website is associated with, or endorsed by, mwinestore.co.uk
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
While we make every effort to keep mwinestore.co.uk to date, we don’t provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to the accuracy of the information on the site.We don’t accept liability for loss or damage incurred by users of the website, whether direct, indirect or consequential, whether caused by tort, breach of contract or otherwise, in connection with our site, its use, the inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it. This includes loss of:
- Income or revenue
- Profits or contracts
- Anticipated savings
- Tangible property
- Wasted management or office time
This does not affect our liability
for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for
fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter,
nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable
Information about you and your visits to mwinestore.co.uk
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production, however you must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system.
We can’t accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We accept no liability for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
If we waive any rights available to us under these terms and conditions on one occasion, this does not means that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion.
If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.