Egly-Ouriet, Tradition, Brut, Champagne, 750ml
Egly-Ouriet was arguably the first high-quality producer to throw the glove to the big Champagne houses. Along with the iconic Selosse, they brought prestige to the world of small-time farmers and now not only match the quality of the big boys, but often exceed them. The Tradition is sourced from only Grand Cru vineyards and blends mostly Pinot Noir with about 30% of Chardonnay. Bottled unfiltered and unfined the wine has an incredible mouthfeel.
Who are the Growers?
Grower Champanges are produced by the small owners of vineyards. They do not purchase grapes like the big Champagne houses do, instead they rely on what they own and with such small productions, they are able to focus on incredibly high quality. Because they lack the capital of the bigger houses, they are not as exposed, marketing budgets are non-existant, even if the quality of wines is generally superior.
This month, we decided to bring them to the fore. Show you why you should discover the magic that they produce and bring you some wines, that are incredibly hard to get, with one of our cuvees shown produced in less than 2000 bottles.
Browse the wines or stop at M Victoria, where we will be pouring these wines all month long.
- Collard Picard, Les Louves, Coteaux Champenois, 750ml£79.95
- Collard Picard, Essentiel, Zero Dosage, Champagne, 750ml£109.95
- Brocard Pierre, L’Egaree, Brut, Champagne, 750ml£79.95
- Gimonnet, Cuis 1er Cru, Brut, Champagne, 750ml£44.95
- Geoffroy, Expression, Brut, Champagne, 750ml£44.95
- Egly-Ouriet, Rose, Grand Cru, Champagne, 750ml£109.95
- Arteis, Vintage Brut, Champagne, 750ml£59.95
- Mousse Fils, Effusion Rose, Champagne, 750ml£44.95
- Gimonnet, Rose de Blancs, Champagne, 750ml£44.95
- Gimonnet, Oenophile, Champagne, 750ml£49.95
- Mousse Fils, Special Club, Extra Brut, Champagne, 750ml£69.95